The Kuala Lumpur Skyline From Lake Titiwangsa Park, Kuala Lumpur.

Back to a very familiar hunting ground! 
Many, many years ago when I was just starting out in photography, the Kuala Lumpur skyline from the Titiwangsa Park was among my very first few locations that I had visited to develop my photographic skills.  Back then, I was still using Canon's excellent EOS 3 and the Mamiya RZ67 Pro II medium format systems.  The Velvia 50 slide exposure was my sensor then.  Although I still have these fine cameras, it is now collecting dust in my dry cabinet today.  At that time, Putrajaya had not existed yet.  Seasons changed, weeks became months and months became years -  different locations were identified and visited, to an extent that I had almost forgotten about this location.


It was a very surreal experience coming back to the Titiwangsa Park after all these years.  I am now using Canon's EOS 5DS R - an evolution in resolution!  Besides my camera system, nothing else has changed.  I still know the exact location to set-up the tripod for the best viewpoint.  Most of my images from here was always cropped very tightly focusing only on the KLCC Twin Towers and also the KL Tower on the right.  For this visit, I had wanted to shoot a wider angle view of the Kuala Lumpur skyline.  The EF 24-70 mm standard lens was used at a focal length roughly at 35 mm - to ensure the skyline still retains it's function as a focal point of the image.  To enhance the symmetrical aspect of this shot, the horizon was placed dead center in the frame - mitigating the use of the Rules of Thirds.  Rules to me are only guidelines - it is not etched in stone.  Sometimes, you will need to break all compositional rules to ensure a better image.


This image is perhaps one of the last few images that can be shot from this location.  The Titiwangsa Park will be closed to the public very soon for the next two years.  This is to accommodate Kuala Lumpur's River Beautification Project which is scheduled to start next month.


Canon EOS 5DS R / Lens EF24-70mm f/2.8L USM



CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews