Dawn at the Busselton Jetty, Western Australia.

Just two and a half hours drive south of Perth, the Busselton Jetty is situated at the northern gateway to the Margaret River Wine Region, in the seaside resort town of Busselton.  Extending 1.8 kilometres over the protected waters of Geographe Bay, the heritage listed Busselton Jetty is the longest timber-piled jetty in the Southern Hemisphere.  As one of the most popular tourist attractions in Western Australia, it is a must see for any visitor to the Capes Region.


The Busselton Jetty which is overlooking the Geographe Bay is a must visit destination everytime we are in Perth.  The journey to Busselton is not difficult - unlike Malaysia, the roads in Western Australia are relaxing, easy and most important, toll-free.  I woke up extremely early in the freezing winters of Western Australia just to shoot the sunrise at Busselton.  It was a ten minutes drive from our apartment to this location.  Due to the freezing temperature, I had the location all to myself.  Using The Photographer's Ephemeris (TPE) apps, I knew that the sun would be rising in front of me and behind the Busselton Jetty.  To get this angle, I had to wade half-way out of the sea - risking extreme frostbite at my legs due to the icy seawaters.


As I was constantly battling the extreme weather and winds, I had to complete this shoot as fast as possible.  If not, there would be one dead photographer floating on the shores of Busselton later.  Within 10 minutes, I had wrapped up the shoot and making my way out of the waters to head back home.  Any longer, I would have succumbed to frostbite and that will be the end of my adventures in Western Australia.


EOS 5D MK II / Lens 24-70 mm f/2.80 (L) USM

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews